This part of the webpage introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and other computer networks. It uses the OSI and TCP layered models to examine the nature and roles of protocols and services at the application, network, data link, and physical layers. The principles and structure of IP addressing and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations.
Select an article to get more info:
- Network – Computer network
- What is internet – How does the internet work and why is so important?
- Network – More news about way it works
- How We Open a Web Page and What is Going on Behind?
- Data Packet – IP Packet – What is this packet story all about?
- IP Address – Internet Protocol address: Basic about IPv4
- MAC address (MAC L2 addressing) – What is this physical addressing?
- Wildcard mask – What’s the difference from subnet mask?
- Routing – How are routers working?
- Routing – Static and Dynamic routes – What is route?
- What is route recursion
- Proxy and Reverse Proxy Server
- VoIP and IP telephony – Defining Basics of Voice
- Collisions and collision detection – What are collisions in Ethernet?
- LAN – Local Area Network
- WAN – Wide Area Network
- What is my IP address
- IPv6 Day – 6 June 2012.