This part of the webpage introduces the architecture, structure, functions, components, and models of the Internet and other computer networks. It uses the OSI and TCP layered models to examine the nature and roles of protocols and services at the application, network, data link, and physical layers. The principles and structure of IP addressing and the fundamentals of Ethernet concepts, media, and operations.
Select an article to get more info:
- What is route recursion
- Proxy and Reverse Proxy Server
- Wildcard mask – What’s the difference from subnet mask?
- What is internet – How does the internet work and why is so important?
- How We Open a Web Page and What is Going on Behind?
- Network – Computer network
- IPv6 Day – 6 June 2012.
- Network – More news about way it works
- VoIP and IP telephony – Defining Basics of Voice
- Routing – How are routers working?
- IP Address – Internet Protocol address: Basic about IPv4
- Routing – Static and Dynamic routes – What is route?
- LAN – Local Area Network
- Collisions and collision detection – What are collisions in Ethernet?
- Data Packet – IP Packet – What is this packet story all about?
- MAC address (MAC L2 addressing) – What is this physical addressing?
- WAN – Wide Area Network
- What is my IP address