Last month I celebrated 6 years of writing my blog.
This project reached yesterday his most visited day in history with more than 1500 visitors and more than 31K all together in November. Nice to finally see someone actually reading my rumblings.
It was and still is hard work of editing old posts making them better and finding new interesting stuff to write about.
Blog is about computer network technologies, you know, the stuff that makes thing get to you and appear on your device’s screens so you can stare at it all the time 🙂
Some other interesting trivia:
- I have 221 posts published currently.
- I have also more than 300 drafts that may get published. Some things get old before I get to write them so I just skip those.
- It takes me approximately 10 to 16 hours to write a post, not counting research and draft creation before starting the final edit.
- I still use paper and coloured pencils to draw all the schemes used on the blog, same as when making first drafts of my future network designs.
- My blog is using few banners to be able to pay for itself, so it is earning more or less the money I need to run it.
- From a technical side, it is a small but optimised Linux VPS build by myself from scratch using some commercially available (and paid) solutions to run fast, load pages flash fast and never go down.
Thanks to all the readers and supporters 😉